• Reviewing the Website Content. You are welcome to visit Face the Facts USA and may review the array of content we have here without providing any personal information. However, to submit content or to post comments on the content submitted by other users, you must provide limited personal information.
• Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use the Website, the videos you watch and other User Content you view, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on (including UI elements, settings, and other information). We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "web beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
• Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or User Content that you voluntarily disclose on the Website will become publicly available and can be viewed and used by others.
• Face The Facts USA will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information for purposes other than informing you about Face The Facts, and will only share your information with third party contractors and partners who require it to support the services and information that Face the Facts delivers.
• If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Website, we may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the Website, and to process any correspondence you send to us. In addition, if you flag User Content on the Website as is inappropriate, we may use your personally identifiable information to follow up with you.
• Any User Content that you submit to the Website may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
• We will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send marketing messages without your consent; you will have the opportunity to opt-out upon registration. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of Website changes or for customer service purposes).
• We may use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
• The Project may contract with third parties to provide services related to the Website and/or the related television special. For example, we may use third party companies to manage and/or host the Website, to provide email services, to produce and/or distribute the television special, and the like. If you submit User Content through the Website, we may share your User Content, the personally identifying information you provide and any usage information we collect as necessary or desirable for the third party to provide such services for us.
Information That Is Publicly Available
• If you upload User Content to the Website, it will be reviewed for posting to the Face The Facts USA site. If you content is posted, your name, city/state, title of video and reason for submitting video will be publicly available.
• Of course, if you would prefer not to submit personally identifying information, you can explore the Website and review videos and other content without submitting personal information. But if you do not provide your name, city/state, title of video, reason for submitting video, and email address you will not be able to submit User Content. If you do not provide required information you will not be able to comment on User Content submitted by others.
If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our Website or if you choose to use our “email this” tool, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation or the requested content, such as your friend's email address. We will send your friend an email in your name inviting him or her to visit the Website or view the requested content. We will not use your friend’s e-mail address for any other purpose.
Children Under Age 13
Face the Facts USA does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to submit User Content. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to submit User Content or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on Face the Facts USA. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected] .
Children Between the Ages of 13 and 18
Minors over the age of 13 should obtain their permission of a parent or legal guardian before sending any information about themselves over the Internet. In addition, Face the Facts USA strongly encourages you to have your parent or legal guardian review and approve your submission before submitting it to the Website.
Contacting the Web Site